For this song, we’re trying to create something that people can participate in with just a tiny bit of dancing or no dancing at all.
The overall structure of the dance is as follows:
- mostly instrumental intro
- (0:33 in) Section A of dancing, ending in:
- (0:49 in) two rounds of the chorus (each round is two 8-counts)
- (1:04 in) Section B of dancing, ending in:
- (1:35 in) two rounds of the chorus
- (1:51 in) mostly instrumental interlude – for improv!
- (2:38 in) nine rounds of the chorus until the song fades out
The idea here is that in the interlude, people can have costumes or props and mime out surveillance however they want. Some people who only have time to learn the chorus can jump in on that. Those who can learn the whole dance can do that.
We’ve made a series of videos to help with each piece of dance. So you get a sense of the whole thing, here’s a run-through from the beginning until the interlude (so, sections A and B). The dancing starts 0:33 in:
Here is a run-through of just the chorus:
Here are slow counts for the chorus:
And fast counts:
The first half (section A)
Slow counts for the first half:
Fast counts for the first half:
The second half (section B)
Slow counts for the second half:
Fast counts for the second half:
Putting it all together
Audio for the whole song (3:58):
You can also access these videos as a YouTube playlist.